Sunday, October 2, 2011

Crucible Post 2

As a child I would always lie.  If I knew that I were going to get in trouble, I would put the blame on anyone but myself.  People lie all the time and have been doing it for centuries.  When someone gets in trouble the first question that crosses their mind is "should I lie".  I remember when I was younger, I had spilt red paint all over my moms new white carpet.  While trying to clean it up, instead of making the little red spot disappear, it ended up being spread over a huge area of the carpet.  I was afraid I was going to get in trouble, so I told my mom the dog hit the coffee table and spilled it everywhere.  I wasn't happy I lied, especially because my mom knew I wasn't being honest and I ended up getting in more trouble.  Usually children will lie so they don't get in trouble, but you can find older that will lie too.


At one point Proctor mentions to Hale, wouldn't you admit that your a witch if you were going to be hanged for denying.  Mr. Proctor does not believe in witches, but says he does because if he goes against the bible, dying is one of the consequences.  Im sure that people lie all the time so they don't get themselves in trouble.  Usually people think that the younger kids are lying when its really the older crowd.  I don't think that people mean to lie, it is just their instinct to do so.  If the consequences are severe enough they will lie as much as they can so they don't end up getting in trouble.  I think it was necessary for Mr. Proctor to lie because of what would happen if he didn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment